Dan Cull has done the round-up, found thanks to a ping-back, its well worth circulating, for the record, so to speak. Thanks Dan. More news anyone? Look out for the next round up which surely has to be of prisoner support, and 10,000 articles condemning the Cameron-Clegg-Milliband-Robocop repression…
Chavez Campbell Predicted Trouble:
- I did predict a riot, the government should have seen it coming. (Guardian).
- Trouble isn’t over yet. (Guardian).
- North London – Tottenham Tottenham burning
- North London – Edmonton
- North London – Enfield Police monitor beaten in back of police van
- East London – Hackney (1) it’s all about class
- East London – Hackney (2) report from the Commune paper
- East London – Hackney (3)
- South London – Walworth
- South London – Catford rioting for fun and profit
- Salford and Manchester
The voiceless find their voice:
- ‘showing the rich we do what we want’ (BBC News)
- ‘no excuse’ (Sky News)
- I’m not law abiding (Sky News)
- Looters justify their actions (Sky News)
- a few members of Haringey Solidarity Group. Some thoughts about the Tottenham riots. HSG. Aug 12, 2011.
- Workers Solidarity Movement. London burns – causes & consequences of the riots – an anarchist perspective. Aug 13, 2011.
- Tower Hamlets ALARM. The story so far, in summary. Tower Hamlets ALARM. Aug 10, 2011.
- All London Anarchist Revolutionary Movement. Understanding the riots – where next? Tower Hamlets ALARM. Aug 12, 2011.
- Occupied London. Eyes wide open in London Aug 9, 2011.
- Fitwatch. A Fitwatcher’s view of the riots. Aug 10, 2011.
- North London Solfed. Statement about the riots. Freedom Press. Aug 9, 2011.
- Ian Bone. Fucking Hell!. Freedom Press. Aug 9, 2011.
- Ian Bone. The riot ‘Experts’ are among us. Ian Bone Blog. Aug 8, 2011.
- Porkbolter. Statement on riots. Aug, 2011.
- Solidarity Federation. Anarchists respond to the London riots. Libcom. Aug 9, 2011.
- An anarchist in Brixton. Criminality and rewards. Indymedia. Aug 9, 2011.
- Ron Jacobs. London’s Melted Furnace. Counterpunch. Aug 12-14, 2011.
- William Wall. Tottenham and beyond: neoliberal riots and the possibility of politics. Iceman Blog.
- David Harvey. Feral Capitalism Hits the Streets. Aug 11, 2011.
- Alexander Cockburn. Riots and the underclass. Counterpunch. Aug 12 – 14, 2011.
- david. AA+ for the rioters? The Free Association. Aug 8, 2011.
- Daniel Harvey. don’t moralise, don’t judge, don’t take pictures – it’s time fr the riot to get some radical politics. The Commune. Aug 9, 2011.
- David Broder. nothing to lose, nothing to win. The Commune. Aug 10, 2011.
- Joe Thorne. …or does it explode? The Commune. Aug 13, 2011.
- Socialism and/or barbarism. An open letter to those who oppose looting (part 1). Socialism and/or barbarism. Aug 9, 2011.
- Socialism and/or barbarism. An open letter to those who oppose looting (part 2). Socialism and/or barbarism. Aug 10, 2011.
- John Hutnyk. 11 notes on the disturbancesTM in London. trinketization. Aug 8, 2011.
- John Hutnyk. 11 more notes on the disturbancesTM in London. trinketization. Aug 10, 2011.
- Tom Fox. riots a grim mirror image of neoliberal britain. Red Pepper. Aug 10, 2011.
- Anti-Cuts Space. A message to a country on fire. Anti-Cuts Space. Aug 9, 2011.
- Carl Finamore. When is a “riot” a revolt? A view of the riots from the US. Truthout. Aug 12, 2011.
- Dan Hind. Nothing ‘mindless’ about rioters. Al Jazeera. Aug 9, 2011.
- Mohammad Abbas. London Rioters Resent Media Image of Hooded Teenage Thug. Reuters. Aug 10, 2011.
- Boff Whalley. ‘In defence of anarchy’ The Independent. Aug 12, 2011.
- Max Joseph. Some thoughts and responses. The Third Estate. Aug 12, 2011.
- Russell Brand. Big Brother Isn’t Watching you. Blog. Aug 11, 2011.
- Nathaniel Tapley. An Open Letter to David Cameron’s Parents. Blog. Aug 10, 2011.
- Vigilante tracks rioters using facial recognition software (yahoo news)
- Hackers hit Blackberry (BBC News)
- Blackberry’s blog defaced (Social Rupture)
- Social Media and the UK Riots (Indymedia)
- Too far (Indymedia)
Trade Union Response to Riots:
- RMT Stratford no.1 branch resolution – The riots. RMT London Calling. Aug 11, 2011.
Famous Academic Shows his Racist Side: