Apparently Malaysia Govt bans books – including my mate Bobby’s (sadly not very red) rant on Kamalism.
KUALA LUMPUR, June 15 (Bernama) — Eighteen books published locally and overseas have been banned by the Internal Security Ministry under the Printing Presses and Publications Act 1984 as they have been deemed to be able to disrupt peace and harmony.
A copy of the prohibition citation dated June 8 by the ministry was made available to Bernama, here Thursday.
The act prohibits any form of reproduction or distribution of these books, six of which are in Malay and the rest in English.
The 18 banned books
- The Bargaining for Israel: In the Shadow of Armageddon
- Lifting the Veil
- A Fundamental Fear: Eurocentrism and the Emergence of Islamism (Bobby S Sayyid)
- Islam Revealed: A Christian Arab’s View of Islam (Anis Shorrosh)
- What Everyone Needs to Know About Islam (John L Esposito)
- Mini Skirts Mothers & Muslims (Christine Mallouhi)
- The Battle for God: Fundamentalism in Judaism, Christianity and Islam (Karen Armstrong)
- Kundalini For Beginners (Ravindra Kumar)
- Sacred Books of the East
- Sharing Your Faith with A Muslim (Abdiyah Akbar Abdul-Haqq)
- Cults, World Religions and The Occult (Kenneth Boa)
- Petua dan Doa Pendinding, Penawar, Penyembuh Penyakit
- Hakikat & Hikmah 7 Hari Dalam Seminggu
- Pemuda Bani Tamim Perintis Jalan Imam Mahdi
- Kontroversi Hukum Hudud (Kassim Ahmad)
- Risalah No 2 Dilema Umat Islam Antara Hadis dan Quran (Kassim Ahmad)
- Siri 7 AmalanAmalan Bid’ah Pada Bulan Syaban
So, this list joins the film discussed here.