Dear JohnI recently contacted you about talking at the Alternative Art College event in May and now i am currently writing my MA diss on the ‘Autonomous education/learning space.I was wondering if you had time to answer briefly a few questions written below, It would be great to have your input.The questions below are broad and provoking.
I wish i had time to do this in person as it would have been a very
1. How do you feel you function within the institution? Is it possible to function autonomously within an institution?
2. When it comes to the element of an art input do you feel it enhances the production of ‘alternative’ learning or education
3. If situated outside of the institution does it have a increased
4. In regards to the relationship an individual can have with the institution, it is possible to see
contradictions, I see this as positives as it is a corner stone of how to function when creating work in an art practice, do you feel the
role of the contradiction is important when creating ‘alternative’ learning spaces?
5. DO you feel that there is a definitive model for which
education should proceed?
6. when it comes to suggest that either are a blueprint for a ‘better’
HE structure do they then become what they once were opposing? or are
neither of them opposing the institution but merley reflection on its
Thank you again i hope these questions make senseBest Paul
* The Alternative Art College *
Yup, all good. Write well. J