Monday 6th – Unkettling Education – teach-in Goldsmiths 10am-9pm: See here.
Tuesday 7th - The Humanities and the Idea of the University’: Tuesday 7 December 2010, 11am-6pm, Saloon (M004), Ground Floor, Mansion Building, Middlesex University, Trent Park campus, Bramley Road, London N14 4YZ. (not sure if I can get to this one, but it looks good. Details on Middlesex site)
Tuesday eve from 6pm Centre for Cultural Studies xmas party Royal Albert pub New Cross Rd
Wednesday 8th – day of actions on campuses. Snowball fight with Forces of Reaction planned.
Thursday 9th – National demonstration, Convergence on Parliament, etc. Don’t get kettled, do run in zig zag lines, wear warm clothes.
Friday 10th – 2-4PM Jodi Dean talk – about her book Blog Theory, New Academic Building LG01 Goldsmiths.
followed by from 5pm Benjamin Noys Persistance of the Negative book launch
- get colleagues to spend 3k on books at library by May 2011
- raise Kathleen Cleaver money for visit october 2011
- read PhD drafts (currently 2 on desktop)
- reading for Postone study group (100 pages)
- Write adorno names essay linked with middle east musics, sonic jazz.
- camouflage article for Peter – rewrite
- islands T8 presentation – book for Malta conf.
- Strange Musics book Varese-Zappa to Steve Clarke
- Book:Research Diaries, with Daisy
- workers inquiry text (money for assist on edit)
- Trinkets book with Alison – proposal to publisher.
- write up borders talks, culture industry talk brussels, cph talk on bees, Kolkata preservation talk, ATTHQ,
- write up Spivak talk (clandestino) and post video on web.
- write up talk from bombing of poems booklaunch
- working day chapter to write up as commentary on present workload!
- rewrite last chapter of Rumour again on Bill Gates fund or FB guy and Sworkin Film
- write piece for Cultural Studies now – for Jeremy in Sweden (see p19 red Kolkata notebook 2010.1)
- Get a Mac backup hard drive for back ups and one as scratch disk
- Centre for Cultural Studies distinctiveness text, Teaching and Learning strategy doc
- calculate CCS workloads
- CCS publications plan?
- read Hussey and Wacquant on Banliues
- put MTV Hot video of Dis-Orienting Rhythms on Daily Motion or similar